Sunday, April 20, 2008

BLOGs for students

I typed in "BLOG for classrooms" and found many choices. Some had a small annual charge. Would it be too difficult for the district to host classroom blogs for parents and a blog for students in specific classrooms?

2 comments:

Techno Rick said...

I think we are moving in that direction in our district. It is a great idea. Perhaps we will see some of those tools develop over the summer.

FSUSD Technology Learning Coordinators said...

There is a fantastic school program called SCHOOL LOOPS (http://www.schoolloop.com/) that does grading, integrates with SASI, provides email accounts for all students, AND provides a student blog feature that is secure, but it is expensive. When I called, the cost per year for a school district our size would be about $10,000. But it is amazing. If you go to the site, check out the DEMO SCHOOL.